Most funds and SPV's AngelList supports are structured using a Delaware Series Limited Partnership fund structure.
In this structure, each fund or SPV is created as a series LP formed pursuant to a Master Limited Partnership:
- Each Master LP is registered in Delaware under Delaware Law.
- Each individual Series LP is not registered in Delaware but is created under Delaware law pursuant to the Master LPA as a distinct legal entity. Investors invest in individual series and the series hold assets distinctly from one another. Each series is also taxed as a distinct partnership.
Breakout Fund 1, a Series of ALV Funds, LP
- Breakout Fund 1 is the Series LP that investors invest in and holds legal title to investments.
- ALV Funds, LP is the Master LP that is registered in Delaware.
- Breakout Fund 1, a series of ALV Funds, LP is the complete legal name for the investing series LP
For additional information on the relevant Delaware law, see: