To qualify as an eligible angel investor, Indian investors need to meet 1 of the following requirements:
- An individual investor who has net tangible assets of at least INR 2 crore excluding value of the investor's principal residence, and who:
- has early stage investment experience, or
- has experience as a serial entrepreneur, or
- is a senior management professional with at least 10 years of experience.
- A body corporate with a net worth of at least INR 10 crore.
- An AIF (Alternative Investment Fund) registered under SEBI AIF Regulations, 2012 or a Venture Capital Fund (VCF) registered under the SEBI (Venture Capital Funds) Regulations, 1996.